- 2 May 13 Restoration work nears completion in the Painted Hall
- 15 Apr 13 Mid Summer Jazz is back again in Greenwich Park
- 21 Mar 13 Greenwich Pub/Wine bar of the year
- 1 Feb 13 How would you improve Greenwich Town Centre for pedestrians?
- 29 Mar 12 Perception of aircraft noise
- 9 Mar 12 Greenwich Peninsual West Masterplan - the Society's response
- 1 Mar 12 Join us on facebook
- 16 Feb 12
Stockwell Street Talk
Hidden History of Stockwell Street
- 6 Jul 11 Town Centre Pedestrianisation
- More news
- Subscribe via RSS
- 22 May 13 Greenwich Society Chairman's Committee Meeting
- 9 Jun 13 Piano recital
- 12 Jun 13 London Parks Ramble
- 16 Jun 13 Mid-Summer Jazz is back again in Greenwich Park
- 20 Jun 13 Greenwich Society Executive Committee Meeting
- 25 Jun 13 Cricket Match
- 16 Jul 13 Greenwich Society Chairman's Committee Meeting
- 21 Aug 13 Greenwich Society Executive Committee Meeting
- 12 Sep 13 Greenwich Society Chairman's Committee Meeting
- 14 Oct 13 Visit to Temple Place
- More diary dates
- Subscribe via RSS
Greenwich Society Events
Sunday 9 June
The White House, Crooms Hill
On Sunday 9 June Tim and Trish Barnes will be hosting a piano recital at The White House given by Alison Wood, a local professional pianist. The concert will be at 11am and will be preceded from 10.30 by coffee, with a drink of wine after the recital.
There is no admission charge but there will be a collection for the Samaritans in the course of the event.
Could you let Tim Barnes know whether you would like to attend on email@example.com or on 020 8858 1185.
Annual Cricket Match
Tuesday 25 June 6pm
This is call to all players and spectators
Once again we will be challenging the Blackheath Society on the cricket field: the yeoman of Greenwich take on the affluent intellectuals from across the Heath. And after defeat last year, the Society is looking to redress the balance. If you would to play or wish to discuss the possibility, please contact Paul Meins at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 8691 6243. All ages and standards welcome.
Put the date in your diaries to enjoy a picnic and a sporting contest: the Rangers Field, Greenwich Park around 6.00 pm.
There is limit of 50 people. Admission will be for those who have notified their attendance in advance and been told that there is a ticket for them.
London Parks Ramble with Ray Smith 12 June More details in May newsletter and on website.
Visit to 2 Temple Place 14 October More details in May and July newsletters.
Sunday 3rd November 2012
National Maritime Museum
“Exotic or native? Modern Architecture in Greenwich and Blackheath”
Full information to follow shortly
We are hoping to have a poetry evening and also a music recital in the new year . We would also like to have any ideas or suggestions from the membership as to what sort of events they would particuarly like. Please give us three months notice for any visits or outings.
The Greenwich Society, through the Events sub-committee (which reports directly to the Executive Committee), organises functions and events throughout the year.